Between moving & job-searching, I am finding it really hard to find inspiration lately. My brain just feels like mush. To procrastinate, I have been scrolling through Pinterest way too much. Late last night, I saw a picture of this watermelon salad & next thing I knew, I was in my car at 8am heading to Whole Foods to pick up the ingredients. I don’t know if I would call it inspiration or having a food-obsession, but let me just have this one…
It is just now getting warm in San Francisco, so I wanted something refreshing, but also filling & delicious for lunch & dinner today. This summer salad was SUPER easy to make & probably one of my favorite salads ever! See shopping list & recipe below.
Watermelon & Chicken Balsamic Salad Recipe
Makes 2 servings:
- Spinach (2 cups of spinach)
- Watermelon (1/2 a mini-seedless watermelon)
- Chicken (1 lbs.)
- Goat cheese (or crumbled Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s) (2 tbs.)
- All-spice (Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute is my go-to)
- Balsamic vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Bring 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil. Once boiling, let it simmer to a glaze for 15 minutes.
- Cut up the chicken into cubes & add as much seasoning as you like. Saute until light-golden brown for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes.
- Add everything in a bowl & enjoy!