Our last foodie stop on our EuroTrip was the motherload… Rome! This city has so much to offer. I have to be honest, I was really only excited to go to Rome to eat all the cacio e pepe. I had assumed I had seen enough photos of the Coliseum & watched enough Lizzie McGuire that the rest of Rome would be unimpressive. I was SO wrong (& that is never the case lol). Every corner we turned, there would be a new historical sight to see, a cute Italian boutique to shop at, or a new gelateria to nom at.
The first meal we had was the BEST. From then on, I was on a hunt for the next best dish. I sort of hated myself afterwards, but I kept convincing myself that it was the LAST part of our trip & I had to have all the pasta/pizza or else I fail at life. And so I did just that…
Oh & I saw some historical stuff too… I’ll leave that part to Yelp, but I leave you a few pretty pics.
And onto the food……..
what to eat:
- Lunch @ Maccheroni for pasta or even a delish salad
- Dinner @ Taverna Dei Fori Imperiali
- Cacio e pepe with truffle; BEST pasta we had on the trip
- Dinner @ Da Remo for pizza
- SO good, get there early/right when it opens to avoid the crowd
- Dinner @ Cacio e Pepe in case you need more of it..
- Gelato @ Gelateria dei Gracchi
- Really flavorful, like REALLY. If you get the apple flavor, you will basically be eating an apple.
- Gelato @ Gelateria San Crispino
- Honey and meringue flavors, try them! Don’t fall for the other gelaterias close to the Trevi- this one is the spot!
- Gelato @ Giolitti Gelateria
- I don’t even have an explanation for this one- but it was our favorite gelato of Rome!